About Me

My photo
(Hi I'm the one on the right, my dear best friend Lynzie is on the left) I'm 36, single and lovin' life! Being an open-minded individual, I am rather intrigued with learning and discovering new things. I am always exploring a new and better me. What memories will I take with me when my existence here is over? I relish and cherish each and every moment. (Smell the daisies, etc.)

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Thoughts for THURSDAY

So I'm reading this book titled Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott and I read this last night:

"...Hope is a revolutionary patience; let me add that so is being a writer. Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don't give up."

After I read this above, I started thinking about it. I decided to name it the 3 W's (wait, watch, work). I began to realize it's kinda like being in a relationship during trying times. Usually we all have a duration of time when we are being hopeful in a particular relationship for a particular reason or so.

My mind focused for a minute and contemplated the ups and downs I've experienced in my current relationship. (Of course this could be any sort of relationship between any two people not just romantic relationships) In this case, though, I thought of mine. We've been through cancer together. My man T (I'll just refer to him as T) in the last year to two years has battled bone marrow cancer. (Hodgkins Lymphoma Leukemia if I remember right, I keep getting mixed up), and it has been a tough year.

Well, without going into too many details, basically this quote above relating to HOPE, is exactly what I went through to make it. I waited. I watched. And I sure did work. Indeed it was worth it. In the long run, we don't know if we will remain in a relationship with each other, but we are sure good friends, always have been. Even now, these words are helpful for me. Wait. Watch. Work.

It's amazing their word power. Think about it:

Wait.

Watch.

Work.

What do you think of when you think of these words? I'm sure your mind is already moving in a few different directions. These words have power.

I HOPE whatever it is YOU may be going through at this very moment, that these words will help you today and in the future.

Have a hopeful and thoughtful Thursday! : )

Hugz,
Christy

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Hi Christy,

Great post and great advice. This reminds me of yoga, not surprisingly, because yoga isn't supposed to be done with any looking back, judgement, competition or looking toward the future. You must have patience for your postures and wait, but they still may never come to you. You watch your thoughts and sensations without reacting to them and you continue to practice and work at it. That's the therapeutic part of yoga that one is supposed to bring to the rest of her life.

I can't think of a single thing these simple rules cannot be applied to. We tend to get too caught up in what happened before or what's going to happen later that we forget all about right now, which is the only thing we really have.

Christy said...

Wendy, I love that you related it to yoga and all else in life. So true. I was quite impressed with this part of the book, I had to blog it. I want to be sure and come back to this myself. I hope to remember these three powerful words on a regular basis in my life.

And you are right, all we have is right now. How crucial it is to realize.

Have a great day cuz :)